Today I went for my doctors appointment and I was suppose to receive a progesterone injection. Well, since this is my first one I have no idea what it is suppose to look like. Well, I get the injection and the nurse says you should be O.K. for about three months as she hands me this pamphlet that says Lupron. I was like, excuse me I should be getting a progesterone shot every week. The look on the nurses face went to panic as she said excuse me and she pretty much barged into the patient room where my doctor was seeing a patient and was inthe state of panic. At this point I was just getting extremely anxious and worried. My doctor then leaves the room and goes to her office and then the state of panic started. Anyway after all this my doctor had talked to another doctor, ect. and they all think everything should be fine, but noone really knows as a pregnant woman should not be receiving this medication. Just when I thought my pregnancy was going fine this happens. When I got home and all the panic and worry set in, along with the side effects of Lupron I was just in the state of a breakdown. I could not concentrate or anything.
Update: I spoke to the doctor the day after this incident happened and neither she nor any other doctor can find anywhere where it had an ill affects on that baby when someone received this mediation in their second trimestor. Again, noone really knows. She had said that if I had gotten this in the first trimester they would have suggester that I terminate the pregnancy. So, with that said I am still extremely worried, but just have faith that my baby will be fine. She did want me to go back to the peri for an u/s and a consult to check on the baby next week. So, I will. Please let this little one be healthy and normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment