Monday, June 14, 2010

Last Appointment with Peri!!

I had an appointment with my peri last Wednesday. I had an ultrasound as they could could not see her spine at the last ultrasound due to the fact that she was laying on her spine. This time they were able to get some of her spine, but not the lower part as she was sitting on her butt, so I have to go back in two weeks so they can look at her spine again. They then did a internal ultrasound to look at my cervix. As soon as the image came up on the screen Dave and I knew that things were not that great. The tech tells us that my cervix has gotten shorter and I do have funneling. My doctor comes in with this look of something is wrong. She first says I though after the last ultrasound things were going to be fine. She said my cervix has shortened from 3.8 to 2.53 and now I am having some funneling (which is not a good thing). Now 2.53 is still in the normal range as 2.5 is the lowest in the normal range, but due to my history it is not a good thing due to how much it shortened in two weeks. She said we are now going to have to limit your activities. Basically I can get up to shower and go to the bathroom - so officially bedrest. I knew this was coming, but it is going to be rough especially with Daniel.

No comments: