Saturday, April 21, 2007

First Haircut

We decided that Daniel needed a haircut, as his hair was getting kind of long in the back and starting to go over his ears a little bit. I was kind of sad to give him a haircut, as I knew that meant my little baby was growing up on me and becoming a toddler. If I was not sure by the walking that he was doing or the climbing he is doing.

We decided to take him to Cartoon Haircuts in hopes that would make it easier as I knew that he would not like it one bit. When we first got there, there was some toys for him to play with so he thought hey this is alright. When we put him in the chair he was still fine, but had this look of like what is going on. The lady then got the water bottle to get his hair wet, and she first squirt the smock a little to try to get his use to it, but it did not matter. The second she sprayed some water on his hair the crying started. She started to cut his hair, he was fine if she was cutting the hair on the top of his head, but when she went to cute the back he would turn his head and put his fingers back there. We got him to calm down (one of the other hair dressers went and got him a toy hoping that would help), but he would still move his head whenever she went to cut his hair. Then she went to get the electronic razer, oh my. Everytime she went near his head with those he had a meltdown. I hated that Daniel was crying and so upset, but I was happy at the end that he got the hair cut. There are parts of his hair that are not cut the best but what could I expect when he kept moving his head.

The pictures I have are not the best as you cannot see the front of his face, as it was hard for me to get a facial shot since everytime I went to click to take the picture he would turn his head. Here are some of the pictures.


We had to hold his hands so he would stop reaching at the back of his head.



The toy helped him out a little bit. He really could care less about the cartoon on the TV, as he is not one to sit still and watch TV.


Here are some pictures of what his hair cut looks like.

I know I am bias, but I think he has such amazing blue eyes. You can kind of see that in this picture.

You can kind of see where the hair cut is not perfect, but he was moving so much it was hard to get it perfect.

Next time we are taking him to the Barber that his grandfather and father went to. I hope his hair grows very slowly.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww...he looks like such a big boy! He's adorable!

Elizabeth said...

I feel your pain. I jut took Jay for his second cut and he did ok, but the lady cut it way shorter than what I had wanted. No more curls. My little boy is growing up.

Chau said...

His eyes does come out much more after the haircut. They ARE amazing! I hope he'll get used to it and be better the next time around. It's just so hard seeing them get upset even though you know what they are going through is harmless.