Sunday, April 01, 2007

First Birthday Party!!

Today was Daniels first birthday party. Dave is creating a great spread of food to include a vegie platter, fruit platter, cheese and crackers, hamburger and hotdogs, jambalaya, meatballs, pasta salad, and potato salad. Everything was great.

I made two cakes for the adults and Daniel one cake for himself. The cakes were pooh cakes. I had made them saturday night, but iced them on Sunday morning. That was a two and a half hour job. Here is a picture of one of his cakes (you can see his individual cakes in one of the pictures of him eating his cake):





You will have to excuse the horrible handwriting in the balloon. My handwriting is horrible and I do not have the templates for the alphabet to use.


Here are two pictures of the chocolate lolipops I made:









Daniel's grandpa and aunt had come into town for the weekend, so they were there to help us with the party. Daniel had no idea what was going on, as it was to him just a normal morning. I am sure this will be different next year, but then again next year his party will be on his birthday. When Daniel took his morning nap we decorated the house and his grandpa and aunt blew up the ballons with the helium tank. Daniel loves ballons. We got some with pooh, tigger, and the gang on them.


Even though Daniel had no idea what was going on he was loving the buffet of food, especially the cheese and crackers (his favorite). Once people started showing up Dave went to man the grill and then the party reminded me of those school dances where the boys were on one side and the girls on the other. Daniel started getting cranky, so I knew that it was time to do his cake. We had gotten Daniel a hat to wear, but he really was not into it.


Now I thought I was going to have one of the kids who just dove into their cake and pushed their face into it. Not Daniel. He was acting like he was at some high class resturant and was every so gently picking some icing off and putting it in his mouth. I tried to help him out a little by getting to the cake, but no such luck. Eventually he took a little bit of the cake, but the only time he actually got it all overhimself was when he was doing his little cranky thing and rubbed his hands all over his head. Here are some pictures:







He was so tired he then fell asleep on grandma taking a nap:




When moved on to gift time. He still was not so sure on how to open his gifts. I had to help him. He tried a couple of times, but as soon as a gift was open we only wanted that gift, so we had to put it out of his sight.


All in all it was a good day and Daniel was so happy. It has been an amazing year watching him grow up and learn.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, you did a fantastic job on the cake. I am completely inept at decorating cakes. I can bake anything, but just can't make it look pretty. You did a great job!

Looks like the party was a huge success! Jocelyn didn't dig into her cake last year either--she insisted on using a fork! What the heck?

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pics--Daniel's a cutie!

Chau said...

You are so creative Sabrina!! I agree with Lauren, you did a wonderful job with the cakes. They look store-bought! I am amaze at the chocolate lollipops you made also. My gosh they are too beautiful to eat. Are they white chocolate or did you have them dip in something?

I love the picture of Daniel fallen asleep on the bottle. Poor guy, got too pooped out on his big day.