Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gymboree

Well, today I took Daniel to a preview class of Gymboree. I wanted to see how he would like it. When we first got there he did not want me to put him down. He was just taking everything in. When I first put him down he just sat there. I gave him one of those air disc things they had and he perked up a little, but was still so unsure of everything. The one lady then came by with a ball, which Daniel liked. However, when she came to sit by him and talk to him he just looked at her like who the heck are you. He finally started to perk up a little bit when it was time to look at the toys that were in these boxes. He loves to pull stuff out of his toy box or any other container that we have. There was another girl there that kept taking the toy that Daniel had and the girls mother keep giving it back to Daniel. At one point they have this parachute that we put them in the center of while we walk around in a circle, effectively turning them with it. It was so cute, Daniel grabbed on to this one girl's hand and arm while we did this. Towards the end of class is when he was like O.K. lets get to playing. I decided to sign him up for the classes as I feel that it is good for him and he seemed to finally enjoy it at the end, once he was able to take everything in and understand most everything. One more thing to note is that Daniel is the smallest one there, some of that has to do with his age is he is at the low end of that in the class, but some of it also is due to his weight. When I looked at him I realized how tiny he still is, even though he has grown so much since his birth.

While I was watching him at Gymboree I realized what a kind natured little boy he is. He would just sit there and let the little girl take the toys from him and he did nothing. I realized that at this point in his life he does not have one mean bone in his body. I realized how lucky I am to have such an amazing little boy and how truly wonderful he is.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you decided to sign Daniel up for Gymboree! Jocelyn took that class for about 7 or 8 months. Now she takes one of their art classes...thought we'd try something different. When we first started she was a lot like Daniel...very timid and just taking everything in. But the more we went the more she came out of her shell and played. Now she can't wait to go. I'm sure Daniel will love it!

Elizabeth said...

Gymboree is so far away from my home that I decided not to do it. I did find a great Mommy and Me class but it's for ages 2 and up. Thankfully, won't have to wait long since Jayden's birthday is just 3 months away. Wow! Where does the time go?

Happy Momma said...

Lauren - I hope that he will really enjoy it. The art classes do look like they would be fun.

Elizabeth - Wow, I cannot believe he is going to be two soon, where does the time go.

Chau said...

That is so wonderful that Daniel gets to go to these Gymboree classes Sabrina! I tried to enroll Ky-An in one but all the offer around here are mid-day classes and none in the weekend. I guess they don't have much demand for weekends, which is too bad.

I am enrolling Ky-An in swimming lessons though. We have a pool in our backyard so it's important that he knows how to swim.