We have been one sick household. It started with dh about a week and a half ago. He had diarrhea, so he did not feel good. We thought it was something that he had eaten, but now that both Daniel and I have caught some version of what he had we know that is not the case.
Daniel got sick starting on Tuesday. He woke up and got his bottle as usual. He was acting fine. I was upstaris working and I heard Dave saying "Honey, come here." As I started to go towards the stairs I could hear Daniel throwing up. Poor guy he had this look of being so scared. So that was throwing up episode number one. He proceeded to throw up another five times that day, three times on Dave and three times on me. I guess he wanted us to feel that he loves us both the same. Let me tell you that the last throwing up episode on me was not fun. We thought he was doing fine, we had given him a couple crackers and it had been a couple of hours and no puking, but he decided that was not the case. I was sitting on the floor and he was behind me playing with my hair, oh you see where this is going, and the next thing I know he is expelling the entire contents of his stomach all over my back and it even ended up down my pants. Not pretty. By the end of this day he was totally exhausted. He only wanted to cling to mommy. He was so exhausted that after his bath he fell asleep on me immedaitely.
The next day I was hoping that things would get better. He got his morning bottle and was doing alright. Well, that was until I put him in his high chair for breakfast. It was like Niagra falls. I honestly did not think that much could come out of someone that small. At this point I was getting worried about him. I know that he was not dehydrated completely, but I knew that he was getting there as he was having hardley any wet diapers. Though according to the nurse nothing to worry about until they have no saliva in their mouth and no tears. Well, this day Daniel would not let you put him down at all. He wanted you to hold him and walk with him and then he wanted to take his naps on you. Not that I minded as I felt so bad for the little guy. Well, on this day he puked another four times. We were doing the things you needed to to keep him hydrated and they seemed to be working a little bit.
On to Thursday, I was really hoping he would do better. We really felt that he was doing better. He had his morning bottle. He had a couple little spits ups, but nothing major. Then he had a medium size spit up. I was like geez. Then he started with the diarrhea. He had two episodes of that on Thursday. At this point I was starting to feel sick myself and was having episodes of diarrhea. I was also starting to get very tired as Daniel wanted to be held all day and most of that he wanted you to walk with him, as sitting was not enough. I guess I can understand as the moving helped him go to sleep a couple of times. He did have a little lunch and a little dinner on this day, but some of the lunch did end up back. When I say little I mean little in a little bit of crackers. I was just happy to get something in him. When you have a child that weighs as little as he does for his age you know that he does not have much weight to give. From Tuesday to Friday he had lost 5 ounces or so. He is pretty much back to weighing 17 pounds.
Watching Daniel go through all this broke my heart. I so wanted to take his place and go through his pain. It hurt to see him cry out in pain. It broke my heart to not let him gulp water down, as we had to give him sips every five minutes as if we did not he would throw it up. At one point he crawled over to the table where his cup was stood up and started crying for it. He actually made me start to cry, as I so wanted to give it to him, but I knew I could not as I knew he would puke.
Last night he did throw up in his crib, and he had one diarrhea diaper.
Today, he is doing much better. As of right now no throwing up. Yeah. He actually went through one of the drawers in my nightstand and seemed happy. He ate a little bit of breakfast. The best thing is he actually took a nap in his crib. He even played with Pooh. It seems like my little boy is on the mend. That makes me so happy. I did enjoy though the extra cuddle time and him not crawling everywhere, but I will be happy when he is eating again and getting into trouble. We are having chicken tonight in hopes that he will eat some of it and it will stay down.
Oh, yeah, supposidly on Wednesday night he took a step again. I was not there, but Dave told me.
1 comment:
Poor guy, I really hate it when the throw up. Not because we have to clean it up, or the fact that it's really gross..we just feel so bad for our little men. I really hate how scare they get after they threw up because they can't breathe. I really feel bad for Daniel. Hope he feels better soon!!! BTW, yeah for the first step! It won't be long now before he's all over the house.
Post a Comment