This blog is about our life, the joys of parenthood and everything that comes with it.
Monday, February 26, 2007
My Non-Walker - Sort Of
When Daniel starting comando crawling early and was crawling early, I thought he would be an early walker, but he had other plans. I think he is just afraid to walk by himself. He will walk behind his walker for long periods of time, he walks along furniture, holding on to walls, doors, etc, but when it comes to doing it himself he just does not want to do it. Recently he has started walking holding onto just one of our hands, as opposed to holding onto both hands. Believe me I am in no hurry for him to walk and then run, it just had me a little suprised. I guess he is just afraid that he will fall and hurt himself. When he does walk though, sometimes I wonder if he has knees, as it just does not look like he bends them. The other night while he was using his walker he kept looking down at the floor while he was pushing it because he was looking at his shadow. It was so cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ky-An can walk on his own but he still prefers to hold one of my finger or my pant legs to walk. Somehow it give him the confidence to walk faster, not like it's giving him any support. I guess you can't rush it, they'll have to be confident enough to do it on their own. The strange thing is he won't walk behind anything moving like his cars nor the walker like Daniel.
This is a very exciting time. When they are learning, exploring and testing... It's just precious.
Don't get too anxious...before you know it you'll be running full speed chasing after him at a store. Not fun.
Sounds like he's doing fantastic though! Can't believe how big he's gotten and all the things he's doing...seems like he was just born!
Post a Comment