Friday, March 30, 2007

One Today!!

I cannot believe that Daniel is turning one today. It is so hard to believe that a year ago today I gave birth to my little boy. He has grown up a lot from his 5lb 11.6 oz size when he was born. Where does the time go. I remember when he would sleep next to me in his bassinet and the getting up every couple of hours to feed him a bottle in the rocking chair, now he is dropping bottles and only wants two a day. A sure sign that he is growing up. He has gone from not being able to move around to walking-almost running around. He has gone from only being able to cry to saying a bunch of words. His first word being ba ba for his bottle.

I got all sentimental looking back at his pictures, saying I cannot believe how much he has grown and how adorable he is. His vocabulary now includes the following words, ma ma, da da, drink, eat, want, all done, tur ta (turtle), no, yeah, and dog. He has also said the following, but not really more than once or twice - water, babbles (bubbles), and bfast (breakfast). The baby babble is so cute and trying to figure out what he is saying.

He now likes to get into everything. If it is in a drawer or a cabinet then it must be for him. If something is plugged in an outlet that must mean it needs to be pulled out. If there is a glass in his reach then that must mean he needs to try to get it and drink whatever is in there.

Watching him just exploring his entire world and figuring out how everything works is an amazing thing. Having him learn how to put a block in a hole or how to turn a light off and on, is just amazing to me. It is so amazing to me how much a baby an learn in just their first year of life.

I love that he gives me hugs and kisses and that his eyes light up when I enter the room. He is a momma's boy and always wants mamma to be with him. If I am having a bad day, his smile can always make me smile and put me in a better mood. I love my little boy and his is the joy of my life.

I never thougth I would have a baby of my own. However, I was given the best gift in the world, my little boy Daniel who is turning one today.

2 comments:

Chau said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chau said...

Awww, happy birthday Daniel!! You are very lucky to have such a wonderful mom who loves you so much. I can't believe you are one today either, I still remember when you were still in our mommy's stomach!