Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It is Official we will be Moving!!

Well, it is official we will be moving next year. Dave and I need to get out of the small debt that we are in so that we can afford to move into a nice house in a nice neighborhood. To do this though we will be moving in with my mother for a couple of years. She pretty much will let us have the upstairs and she will stay downstairs. We need to do this for ourselves and for Daniel, as we do not live in the best area. Where we live right up the street is the ghetto and honestly on some of the streets around here you cannot walk them without fear of being mugged or sexually assaulted. Not to say that those things happen on a daily basis, but then happen enough. The mall that is not that far up the street (less than a mile) is a nice mall in the inside, but you really would not know that from the outside. This is also the mall that someone got murdered at a year or so ago. The neighborhood is just not safe, especially in the summer. During the summer hearing the police helicoper above our townhomes or in the vacinity is like a daily occurence on the weekends. Lets just say that in the last five years that we have lived here we have had the state police helicoper with its light down looking for someone in the vacinity that I live in probably at least a dozen times, who knows maybe more. I honestly have lost count. Specifically though we have had the police looking in the woods behind our house or in our yards I think three times. It was great to wake up one morning to the helicopter flying over and over again over our townhouse, so of course you have to see what the fuss is and what do I see, but a cop looking in our yards, looking in the woods, and they had the street blocked off. But the most memorable was when the cops shot some guy in the woods right out back of our house, oh happy days.

Then do not get me started on my neighbors. The people to our left, let me say just annoying. The man that lives there just gives me the creeps, as one day he had back out his car and just sat there and watched me take Daniel out of the car. Then there was that one day he was agitating our dog with a metal rod. The neighbors to our right have gotten better, but it has been quit there due to it being winter time. One time the younger son came to our house banging and banging on the door, as he was trying to get away from his older brother who was beating up his girlfriend. Yes, he is a winner. We have also seen him throw her against the shades once. Again, a real winner.

Now our neighborhood is not as violent as I am sure it sounds, but it really is not a great area. When a realtor will not do an open house in our neighborhood unless there is at least two realtor's what does that tell you. When my friend who is a realtor (who is not suppose to talk about crime in an area) just gives you a look when you say that I know I do not live in the best area, you think hey maybe I should move.

I do not want Daniel to grow up in this area, he deserves so much more.

Living with my mom really will not be bad at all, as she keeps to herself and does not get in your business unless you ask her. Also, Daniel will have a backyard, his grandma around all the time, and so much more.

It will be great to get out of debt and save up some money to buy a house that Dave and I will both love in an area where I will be happy to have Daniel grow up in.

Wow, I rambled on and on, better stop.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think this sounds like a smart move on your part. Good luck with that. I hope you find the perfect home and that your sacrifices lead to loads of savings for you!

Chau said...

Wow, what a scary neighborhood you live in Sabrina. I can see why you would want to move. You guys are so great to think about Daniel and make sacrifices so he can be in a safer environment. Sounds like the move will be beneficial to everyone.