Saturday, March 17, 2007

Not such a good day!

Well, Daniel did not have such a good day today. It was like it was just his day to get hurt. While we were getting ready to go to Gymboree, the dog was not looking where he was going and bumped into Daniel, which caused him to fall.

After Gymboree he got hurt pretty good. I was putting on my shoes sitting on the bench by the door and he was on the bench with me. Well this lady comes through the door and all's Daniel does is get this look of terror in his eye and starts screaming his head off. It took about a second for me to realize he got his hands caught in the door, at the hinged part. The lady quickly opened the door again, so I could get his little fingers out. When I first saw his middle finger it looked broken, but it was just the way he was holding his hand. His index finger and middle finger started to swell up immediately and you could see red coming to the surface on his middle finger and inbetween his middle and index finger. I felt so bad and he was just screaming and screaming. I felt so bad, I just wanted to take his pain away. He saw that another child had a bottle, so I made him a bottle and that calmed him down. So we sat there for ahwile, the whole time I was so upset as I hate seeing him in pain. When he was calmed down enough I put him in the car and he fell asleep on the way to the store. I had called Dave and told him and he says why did you have to call and tell me this as he will then just sit there and worry (which he did, all's he could think about was Daniel and his hand). Daniel seemed better, so we went grocery shopping, but then about 5-10 minutes or so into grocery shopping he had a breakdown. I had to take him home and get him some pain medicine. He actually just sat there and took the stuff like he knew it would bring him some relief. I then gave him another bottle. He finally went to sleep. He was doing much better tonight, like he did not hurt his hand at all. Goes to show you that our kidos are more resilent than you think.

Oh, then in the bathtub he decided to stand up and hold onto the faucet and then he took another spill, nothing major but after his day. I felt so bad for the guy. However, he is doing better.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww...poor Daniel! I hate when they pinch their fingers in things...I'm always so worried they'll break their little fingers!

Elizabeth said...

Oh no. That's one of my fears. Finger pinches are very painful and it takes a while for the throbbing to stop. Jayden has a tendency to play with the sliding glass door and I always worry he's going to catch his finger in it one day. Poor baby. I hope it doesn't bruise too badly.

Chau said...

Oh poor Daniel, and poor mommy!!! It is so heart-wrenching to watch our little ones in pain and you can't do anything to help. I've learned that just you being there to comfort them helps them more than you know. You handle it much better than I would have though. I would probably drove him straight to the doctor's office or the ER! LOL. Good for you for staying calm.